Sunday 16 January 2011

Climate Week

As I haven't blogged about Climate Week before, I will explain a little.  Just as I was about to start a new job, working in the world of mental health, I came across a job advert on a web-site that I had not used previously.  There, I found an advert looking for someone who wanted to get involved in working for a new national campaign.  

Having nothing to lose, and everything to gain, I applied with only a little hope that this would be the opportunity I had moved back to London, after spending five years in Aberdeen, to find.  I sent the application off and started working in my new job, where I only managed to stay for two weeks as I deliriously accepted a position with Climate Week.

Climate Week itself has been set up to celebrate those who are already taking steps in combating climate change, both in their personal and work lives.  It is an all inclusive campaign that allows individuals, schools, NGO's and businesses to showcase their work in the hope of inspiring more to do the same.

Unbelievably it is now only 9 weeks until Climate Week is upon us (21-27th March) and I am really excited!  I will be posting as often as I can from now on to share some of the great stories I hear during the next few weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment